27 August - 01 September 2012, Jyväskylä and Jämsä, Finland
Conference and Exhibition
The Conference will focus on the factors affecting the future of the bioenergy systems, management, total procurement chains, the effects of the energy markets, the influence of green marketing and other trends affecting forestry, agriculture, industry and climate.
- Conference with plenary sessions, oral presentations and poster viewing
- Technical tours and visits to practical bioenergy targets
- International FinnMETKO 2012 Exhibition
- Language: English
The Main Program
- 27th of August Pre-Tour, Registration begins
- 28th to 29th of August Conference
- 30st of August Exhibition
- 31st of August Post-Tour
FinnMETKO exhibition 30th of August to 1st of August.
Call for Papers
Deadline for receipt of abstracts: 28th February 2012
Papers are invited on the following topics:
- Bioenergy General
1.1 Strategies, Politics, Legislation Tools and Implementation Issues and Security of energy supply related to wood and forest energy, possibilities to fulfill the EU-targets, national targets and free energy markets, security of energy supply
1.2 Climate Change: sustainable use of forest fuels bioenergy, LCA on greenhouse gas reduction, carbon dioxide capture
1.3 Environmental Issues: flue gas cleaning, ash handling and recycling, sustainable development
- Forest Energy Markets and Business: national and international bioenergy markets, financial and market instruments, national and areal demonstration and market Implementations of forest fuels and use in different Bioenergy sectors certificates, feed in tariff, emission trading, fuel quality assurances and standards, price competitiveness, management systems
- Forest Energy Resources: potentials, quantities, measurements methods, qualities and properties for feedstock from forestry
- Forest Fuel Production, Logistics and Technologies: production, pre-treatment, procurement, transport, logistics and entrepreneurship
- Wood Industry Fuel: potentials, quantities, measurements methods, qualities and properties
- Combustion and boiler systems: combustion and boiler technologies and systems for forest and wood industries, district heating, house blocks, small houses and agriculture nets
- Combined Heat and Power and Cooling Production (CHP): power plant, district heating and small scale technologies and systems for CHP production
- Chemical Conversion Technologies: gasification, pyrolysis, biological conversion and liquid fuels production (biodiesel, ethanol, direct/indirect liquefaction)
- Pellets, Briquettes, Torrefaction: different raw materials, production and use.
The different topic covers R&D results, technologies, demonstration, cases, equipments and good practises.
Only contributions complying with the above specifications and received in time be considered. Please e-mail complete information (abstract plus optionally up to 3 explanatory pages) to
. The abstract should be a *.doc or *.pdf file
Ask also Sponsorship opportunities!
More information: www.bioenergy.finbioenergy.fi
Prof. Dan Asplund, Conference Chairman
Tel. +358 400 640 460
e-mail: dan.asplund (at) benet.fi
Mr. Asko Ojaniemi, Managing Director of Benet
Tel. +358 40 558 6962
e-mail: asko.ojaniemi (at) benet.fi